Saturday, July 7, 2007

Mother Teresa


Four and five down...


After finishing Don Cheadle and John Predergast's Not on Our Watch: The Mission to End Genocide in Darfur and Beyond, I started the equally motivating and inspirational book by Mother Teresa, A Simple Path. The book is about Mother Teresa's work all over the world (120+ countries), especially in India, where she ran homes for lepers, TB patients, the mentally handicapped, the destitute and dying, and orphans. She worked with the poorest of the poor, while treating everyone with respect and dignity and judging no one. Her writing is as simple as her life, but just as special. Her words have a way of making you feel good inside and closer to God, and I feel blessed to have chosen this book. It's going to be a tough act to follow... I'm not sure what I'll read next, but I leave tomorrow for five weeks in the States, so I'm sure I'll do plenty of reading on the plane. I know I always say this and never actually do it, but I think I'll try to find something light and fun to read next...

1 comment:

Celeste J. said...

Sounds like some great books girl. I would love to do a book swap with you. Just let me know. When I finish the book I can send it to you whereever you are here in the states, or wait for you to get back to Germany. Just let me know. I think you'd also enjoy the last book I read, so if you want to read the review and let me know that'd be fine too! :)