Saturday, August 4, 2007

Still reading

Trying to maintain a little normalcy in my life right now even though all I want to do is lay in bed and cry... I miss my cat :(



I did finish Flies on the Butter (#6/101). It was a decent story, but nothing great... It wasn't a bad airport read when I was flying to and from Kansas City. I picked it up on the freebie shelf outside the library, so I didn't expect too much from it anyway.


I am now reading Anne Frank Remembered: The Story of the Woman Who Helped to Hide the Frank Family. I bought this book last Summer when I was at the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam. It is written by Miep Gies, the women who hid Anne Frank's family. If you've seen the movie Freedom Writers, the class reads Anne Frank's diary and then meets Miep Gies at the end. I am usually more of a fan of non-fiction, and anything about the Holocaust (or any genocide, actually) piques my interest, so this should be a quick read...

I know I'm a little off schedule with the number of books I've read, but I'm not too worried. I knew I'd get a little behind on this trip and have to play catch up when I get back to Germany in a few weeks.

1 comment:

Celeste J. said...

Hey hun, just wanted to say that I think it is totally understandable if reading is not on the top of your priority list at the moment. Don't even worry about it, you will have lots of time to catch up. For now just do what you gotta do to get through each day. Your next read sounds intersting. You'll have to help me discover some good non fiction books, since that is something that I don't typically read.