Thursday, January 31, 2008

#25


I thought it was definitely good preparation for this weekend's Super Bowl, but kind of bad planning on my part reading it at the end of the season. I might have to skim it again in the fall before the season starts back. In any case, I really learned a lot from this book. Robinson Peete writes clearly and answers many of the questions I have often had while watching football but did not feel comfortable asking my husband/dad/brother who was watching with me.

I am excited for Sunday's game so I can show off all my newfound football knowledge, especially the histories of the teams (I studied up on the Giants and Patriots), the history of the Super Bowl, and this past season's records and benchmarks (those weren't in the book, I googled some to find the current stats).

Guess it's time to get back to the bookmobile book, although I have a feeling it isn't going to be as entertaining as the football book. Review to come in the next couple of days... And I got four new books in the mail and another from the library today, so there should be plenty of reviews forthcoming.

1 comment: