Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Chugging Along

For some reason, it took me forever to finish The Camel Bookmobile (#26). I don't think there was any particular cause. The story was good, although I am not a big fan of writing each chapter as told by a different main character. Maybe that was why I could never get into The Poisionwood Bible? I tried to read it twice and could never get past the first couple of chapters. Either way, The Camelbookmobile was a good book. I enjoy reading about Africa and hope to visit one day, and I work in the nonprofit sector, so that makes the book all the move relevant. It might have taken me a while, but it was worth it. I thoroughly enjoyed the book.

I leave on a 2+ week trip on Wednesday, and I will be spending plenty of time on planes and in airports, so I've picked out three (lightweight so they don't take up too much room in my suitcase) books to take with me:

#27 Atonement (Ian McEwan)
#28 Eat, Pray, Love (Elizabeth Gilbert)
#29 A New Earth (Eckhart Tolle)

I'm challenging myself to finish all three books by the time I return home on 3 March. Will update then!

M

1 comment:

Celeste J. said...

You will enjoy Eat, Pray, Love. I liked that book, and even plan on reading it again soon. I have been wanting to read Atonement. Let me know how you like that. I'm hoping to start A New Earth soon as well. Happy reading Maddy!