Saturday, March 22, 2008

31/101

So the story ended up being a lot heavier than I picked up on in the first chapter. I feel like I could really relate to it though... dealing with the illness and death of a parent, loving and losing a cat that was a cherished part of the family, and discovering your parents are people too who made mistakes and weren't the perfect people you thought they were as a child. I like the way she wrote, and I was into the story from the beginning. Once I started, I didn't put it down for two days. I thought it was a pretty good book.

Next Up: The Kommandant's Girl by Pam Jenoff. I'm going to start it in the morning. It's 11:30 pm, and we're just getting in and settled from the Easter Vigil Mass. Time for bed. Goodnight and sweet dreams! Easter Blessings!

No comments: