Monday, March 17, 2008

Waiting to be Read

Seriously, I don't think I am going to buy another book for the rest of the year. These are just a few from the top of my bookshelf/piled on the floor next to the bookshelf that are waiting to be read:

A Concise History of Italy (Duggan)
Catholic Customs and Traditions (Dues)
Conceived Without Sin (Macfarlane)
Fahrenheit 451 (Bradbury)
Great Fortune (Okrent)
House of Gold (MacFarlane)
In the Line of Fire (Musharraf)
Island of Hope, Island of Tears (Brownstone)
Pierced by a Sword (Macfarlane)
Take Command (Perdew)
That was Dachau (Zamecnik)
The Call of Service (Coles)
The Life of Saint Teresa of Avila (St. Teresa)
The Power of a Positive Wife (Ladd)
The Power of a Praying Wife (Omartian)
The Power of a Praying Woman (Omartian)
The Ultimate Volunteer Guidebook (Maxwell)
Three Cups of Tea (Mortenson/Relin)

I think I am going to take $10/month that would have gone toward books and donate them to a good reading/literacy-related nonprofit. Suggestions are welcome. I will make a $100 donation to a worthy book cause and not purchase any more books for the remainder of 2008.

1 comment:

Celeste J. said...

That's a long list... I like your idea though, of saving that money and donating it. I should do that too... I seriously have tons of books. I brought two footlockers filled with books here. But no, I can't stop buying them. Seriously, it's like an addiction. LOL :D