Wednesday, June 18, 2008

44/101


(I know the adorable picture doesn't really complement the serious subject matter, but my little Carter was just too cute not to share!)

Being a student of international relations and currently living in Europe, Islam, immigration, clans, civil wars... none of it was new to me, yet I found Ayann Hirsi Ali's story interesting and eye-opening. I think I was hesistant to embrace her story because she was questioning her faith, but in the end, I felt like I had grown in understanding and compassion for Muslim women, and also, grown deeper in my own Christian faith.

Next Up #45: Another change of pace (literally), I'll be reading (with the goal of starting a running program of my own) Dagny Scott Barrios' Runners World Complete Book of Women's Running.

No comments: