Wednesday, July 23, 2008

54/101

I just finished Randy Pausch's The Last Lecture, a collection of 61 short stories, pieces of advice, lessons learned, etc. from his life. The book is based on a "last lecture" series given at Carnegie Mellon, but Pausch was actually battling cancer and giving his last lecture. You can read more about Pausch, his life, dreams, and trials on his Wiki page HERE.

From page 149... Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.

Honestly, I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would... And I was reading it at the same time I watched the movie, P.S. I Love You, which I also enjoyed more than I thought I would. Maybe I am just getting older and am able to deal with illness and loss better, but these are both stories I would have shyed away from in the past and found depressing. Now I find them heartwarming and inspiring. I would recommend both the book and the movie I mentioned.

It's 12:30 am, and I have a long day of packing ahead tomorrow. We leave on Friday for 10 days in Italy, Greece, and Croatia! Bon Voyage! Will update tomorrow with all the books I am taking on my trip! Goodnight!

1 comment:

Celeste J. said...

That sounds like an interesting book. I'll have to check it out. BTW I liked PS I Love you as well, however the book was much better than the movie. :)